CRITERIA TO CLAIM CREDITS FOR THE CMP
- To be accepted, COVID-Related continuing education (CE) activities must have been completed between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022 (and be within your three-year CMP cycle).
- Activities must be work-related and new, additional, or out-of-specialty skills or activities.
- Your Manager/Supervisor must review, verify, and sign-off on the completed activities indicated on the CMP COVID related CE Claim Form.)
- The maximum number of CMP points accepted on the Claim Form = 12.
- These CMP points may be used for related areas of interest only.
- The CMP COVID-related CE Claim Form may be used one time only and for a single CMP cycle.
To claim credits, CMP points must be self-recorded in your online declaration form AND the COVID-Related CE Claim Form must be emailed to the ASCP Board of Certification for review and approval. Self-record the total number of COVID-Related CEs you are claiming as one entry in your online declaration form and allocate the points towards “Related Areas of Interest.” Refer to this link for complete instructions and to access the Claim form: http://www.ascp.org/cmp/covid-points
New CMP Requirements in 2023
New in 2023, the ASCP CMP will require 1 CMP point in medical ethics for all certification categories, including HT and HTL. This new requirement applies to all certification categories that expire in January 2023 forward (regardless of when you submit your completed online declaration form). This requirement will NOT increase the overall total number of CMP points required for your category. Topics that may be included under ethics are varied and may include presentations or training related to:
- HIPPA, FERPA or other confidentiality issues
- CAP Inspector Training
- IRB: cultural sensitivity
- DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion)
- Sexual harassment/microaggressions
- Tissue procurement and banking
- Use of controlled materials
New CMP Requirements in 2024
New in 2024, for equity in CMP requirements across all Technician and Technologist categories, dedicated CMP points in the areas of certification will increase from 2 to 8 points for certification cycles expiring January 2024 forward (regardless of when you submit your completed online declaration form). This new requirement will NOT increase the overall total CMP points required.
Written by Lori Schmitt, HT(ASCP)QIHC#2022#Blog#LeadershipDevelopment