- Histologist - Athens G.I. - Athens, GA
- Histology technologist (Research Analyst I) - Indiana University School of Denstistry - Indianapolis, IN
- Histology Technician, Certified - Harris Health System - Houston, TX
- Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - Quest Diagnostics - Shelton, CT
- Histotechnologist Supervisor - 1303457 - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Region Director: Joanna Barton
Director's 2010 Annual Report
• This year I was set to work with the reactivation of the Mississippi Society of Histotechnology.
• March marked the Homecoming of the Mississippi Society for Histotechnology. The reactivation meeting took place at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. We had a great attendance and magnificent workshops.
• At the request of the current attendance, a general membership meeting was conducted and election of new officers took place. I am proud to announce the election of Kimberly Wright as the President for the Mississippi Society for
• Participated in the organization and planning of the Region III Meeting in Orlando, Florida. The meeting was well attended with a participation of over 250 attendees, 40 exhibitors, 16 workshops and a Community Giving campaign for Haiti Relief celebrated with a Luau in SeaWorld. The contributions from this event mounted to over $1500 delivered to the American Red Cross.
• I have been in contact with the Tennessee Society for Histotechnology in preparation for the 2011 Region III Meeting. The meeting will be held in Nashville, TN.
• I have been in conversation with the Puerto Rico Society for Histotechnology and the NSH office regarding the celebration of the Region III meeting for 2012.
Puerto Rico & the US Virgin Islands will be the hosting states.
• Participated in Board of Directors Conference calls.
• Sent out an official regional report including financial status to the president of the region.
• As a committee member on the NSH/CAP HistoQIP Program, I have been involved in the selection and grading of the material to be presented for each survey and have written Spotlight articles to accompany the final critique.
• I have contacted some of the Alabama Society for Histotechnology and inquired about their status as a society.
II. The Immunohistochemistry forum was a blast. I had the opportunity to attend this forum at the Bahia Mar Beach & Yacht Resort in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Thank you NSH for bringing this forum to the sunshine state.
III. Goals for the coming year
• Work closely with the Alabama Society for Histotechnology and help them become active in the field.
• Help as much as possible in the panning of the Region III meeting for 2011 and 2012.
• Attend alternate state meetings from the region and present a workshop as requested.
• Develop a guideline and criteria for selection of recipient for the Region III scholarship approved at the meeting during the S/C in Birmingham.