- Histology technologist (Research Analyst I) - Indiana University School of Denstistry - Indianapolis, IN
- Histology Technician, Certified - Harris Health System - Houston, TX
- Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - Quest Diagnostics - Shelton, CT
- Histotechnologist Supervisor - 1303457 - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
- Lab Manager - Presbyterian Medical Center-Novant Health - Charlotte, NC
Society Business Meetings
Board of Directors
The NSH Board of Directors works throughout the year to conduct Society business. Each year they meet in person on Monday at the Annual Symposium/Convention. During this meeting submitted agenda items are discussed and/or voted upon, needed revisions to the bylaws are referred to the Bylaws committee and the Society budget is reviewed and approved.
Agenda items to be discussed can be submitted by any NSH member. Click here to download and agenda form.
Each year the Society evaluates its goals and efforts towards achieving the mission of the Society. During the annual strategic planning session members of the Board of Directors, committee chairs and invited guests review the successes/failures of the last year and develop an outline of continued or new goals for the next year.
Strategic Planning takes place each year on Saturday at the Annual Symposium/Convention. Members of the society are welcome to attend. Click here to review the current strategic plan.
President’s Council Meeting
Although state histology societies operate independent of the national society the two groups have shared interests and work together often. During the President’s Council meeting state society presidents are invited to meet with the NSH Vice President to discuss national issues or policies affecting state societies. In addition it’s a forum for states to share or exchange ideas about challenges they may be facing.
The President’s Council meets annually on Friday evening of the Annual Symposium/Convention and sometimes shares information throughout the year via email. For information regarding the council please contact the NSH Vice President, Beth Sheppard.
The NSH membership meets annually on Tuesday of the Annual Symposium/Convention. During this meeting:
• the Board of Directors reports motions passed or defeated during their annual meeting
• committees are able to update their previously submitted annual reports
• constituent society and scholarship awards are presented.
The meeting concludes with open session. During open session members are allowed to address the body with questions or issues they are concerned about. Items are simply discussed while others are then referred to the appropriate committee or leadership body for action.
House of Delegates
The House of Delegates meets in person annual on Wednesday evening of the Annual Symposium/Convention. Its purpose is to determine the policies which govern the Society and can direct the Board of Directors to investigate concerns of the membership. The Speaker and Secretary, officers of the House, are elected by HOD members for a term of two years. Representation of the general membership includes:
1. Areas with a constituent society - The president, plus one delegate for each fifty NSH members in the area.
2. Areas without a constituent society - One delegate for the area.
3. Additional members of the House include the Board of Directors and Standing Committee Chairpersons.
To serve as a Delegates individuals must be NSH members one year prior to being seated and must be current members for the year of proposed service. In addition delegates must be able to attend the annual meeting in person & successfully be credentialed prior to the start of the meeting.