- Histologist - Athens G.I. - Athens, GA
- Histology technologist (Research Analyst I) - Indiana University School of Denstistry - Indianapolis, IN
- Histology Technician, Certified - Harris Health System - Houston, TX
- Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - Quest Diagnostics - Shelton, CT
- Histotechnologist Supervisor - 1303457 - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Contact Hour Approval Process
Approval of educational programs by NSH requires the submission of an Application for Approval of Contact Hours from the sponsoring organization and all required supporting documentation. The program application must be signed by a representative of the sponsoring organization who agrees to be the education coordinator for the meeting. The coordinator is responsible for the following:
1) Submission of a Program Application for Approval of Contact Hours and required supporting documentation to include:
a. a copy of the printed program or announcement of your meeting with workshop abstracts and presenter information.
b. abstract forms for all sessions. If a session has been approved by NSH in the past a complete abstract form is not necessary as long as the abstract is printed in the meeting program referenced in “a”. If you are unsure if the abstract has been approved in the past it is best to submit the abstract form.
c. a speaker contact list that includes name, company, address, email. NSH reserves the right to request speaker CV’s.
2) Assures that the organization submits the appropriate fees when billed. (Organizations with an outstanding balance will not be approved for future offerings until the balance is paid in full.)
3) Assures that the NSH policy governing involvement of commercial suppliers and wet workshop safety guidelines is followed.
4) Assures that attendees sign the "Sign In Roster" at registration and that the sign-in roster is returned to the NSH office within 30 days of the completion of the program. This list is used to document the attendance of an individual and for random audits of contact hour records.
5) Assures that an evaluation form is filled out by each registrant. The evaluations are collected at the end of the program and an evaluation summary is completed by the education coordinator. Program evaluations and sign in rosters must be returned to the NSH office within 30 days of completion of the program.
6) Assures that the appropriate contact hour documents for reporting hours are distributed or collected in the correct formats and within established timelines (see Contact Hour Certificates below)
You must submit program information 21 days prior to your meeting. This will allow time for the approval process and for the office to assign CEU numbers. Applications received later than 21 days prior may not qualify for contact hours.
Please Note: Applications for Contact Hours submitted after the program date will not be approved.
The meeting coordinator will receive a sign in roster template, session evaluation forms, attendee contact hour tracking sheets (if applicable) and speaker certificates prior to the meeting. All deadlines for the return of materials (sign in roster and evaluation forms) must be met for contact hours to be valid. If materials are returned past the stated deadline contact hour approval may be revoked and fees will not be refunded.
These items will be emailed to the education coordinator approximately two weeks before the meeting.
Constituent Society: $10.00 per hour In addition to approval of contact hours for this fee the Constituent Society would be given a free listing on the NSH online meeting calendar, a free listing in NSH InAction (if paperwork is submitted in time for print deadlines) and a one time list of NSH members in their Region at no cost to be used for marketing their programs.
Other Allied Health Organizations: $10.00 per hour In addition to approval of contact hours for this fee the sponsors who qualify as “Other Allied Health Organizations” will be given a free listing on the NSH meeting calendar and in NSH InAction (if paperwork is submitted in time for print deadlines).
Vendors: $15.00 per hour for one time program – one time programs are those that are given one time in a year for one group of attendees; they are required to be scheduled at the time of application
$250 per year for repeated programs –repeated programs or workshops are those that your company offers several times throughout the year to different attendees; they are not required to be scheduled for specific times/dates at the time of application
Contact Hour Certificates
All contact hour records are maintained through the NSH Contact Hour Portal, ce.nsh.org. Both members and nonmembers of NSH can access their education records through the portal. There are two options for reporting/recording contact hours in the portal.
Option 1 (available to Constituent Societies, Other Allied Health Organizations and Vendors): Attendees track their workshops on an NSH provided "Attendee Contact Hour Tracking Sheet" during your event. The template for this tracking sheet is provided by NSH to the education coordinator. The sheet will be prepopulated with the list of approved sessions for your event (click here for an example). Following the event attendees log into the Contact Hour Portal and self report the sessions they attended. Attendees can then print their contact hour certificates immediately. NSH will also provide text for an email that can be sent to all attendees following the meeting explaining how to report their hours.
Option 2 (available to Constituent Societies): The organization tracks attendees participation in workshops and provides NSH with a roster for each workshop. The roster must be in Excel and follow the provided template. Click here for a sample of the template. This roster is then imported into the Contact Hour Portal within one week of being received by NSH. NSH will then email attendees that their hours have been posted. If an organization chooses this option they will not be able to submit paper sign in sheets - they will have to submit the rosters in Excel following the template or hours will not post correctly.
Forms for Download
Contact Hour Approval Guidelines for Constituent Societies
Program Application for Constituent Societies (Word Doc)
General Abstract Form (Word Doc) General Abstract Form (PDF)
Allied Health Organizations
Contact Hour Approval Guidelines for Other Allied Health Organizations
Program Application for Other Allied Health Organization (Word Doc)
General Abstract Form (Word Doc) General Abstract Form (PDF)
Approved Session Index for 2012