- Histotechnologist - Diagnostic Dermatopathology Associates - Columbus, GA
- Histology Manager - Metropolitan Health - Lakewood, CO
- Histology Technician - Theranostix - Beltsville, MD
- Histology Tech - Confidential - North Little Rock, AR
- Histology Technician II (7am - 3:30pm) - CellNetix Labs, LLC - Seattle, WA
Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, QIHC
To be eligible for this ASCP administered "Qualification", an applicant must satisfy the requirements of at least one of the following routes:
- Route 1: ASCP technologist or specialist certification and six months full time acceptable experience in immunohistochemistry in the U.S., Canada or a CAP/The Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited laboratory within the last five years; or
- Route 2: ASCP technician certification (HT, MLT) and twelve months full time acceptable experience in immunohistochemistry in the U.S., Canada or a CAP/The Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited laboratory within the last five years; or
- Route 3: Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college/ university, and eighteen months full time acceptable experience in immunohistochemistry in the U.S., Canada or a CAP/The Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited laboratory within the last five years.
To fulfill the experience requirements for the Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, the applicant must have experience in the following areas:
- Immunohistochemical and/or Immunofluorescence Preparations: All of the following should have been performed by the applicant: Staining technique; Selection of proper control material; Titration of immunologic reagents
- Quality Assurance: The applicant should have participated in Quality Assurance related to all of the following: Specimen fixation, processing, microtomy; Reagent selection, preparation, storage, disposal; Method selection, validation, documentation; Quality control; Safety
Study Materials Suggested by ASCP
Use of Qualification: This Qualification will not, in itself, entitle the individual to membership in ASCP. Individuals must be ASCP certified as a technician, technologist or specialist to be eligible for ASCP membership. Individuals who have been qualified may indicate this qualification through the use of initials in the following manner:
- Mary Smith, QIHC (for individual qualified in immunohistochemistry)
- Mary Smith, HT(ASCP)QIHC (for individuals who are qualified and who are also ASCP)
Time Limits and Revalidation: Candidates who complete the qualification process, including completion of the eligibility requirements and successful completion of the 50 item online examination will receive documentation of their qualification which is valid for three years. This Qualification may be revalidated every three years upon payment of a $50 application fee and completion of 6 contact hours of acceptable continuing education / other activities in the area of the Qualification.
How do I Get Qualified?
The ASCP Board of Certification is responsible for the Qualification process. Please visit ascp.org for a Step by Step Guide to the process.