- Histologist - Athens G.I. - Athens, GA
- Histology technologist (Research Analyst I) - Indiana University School of Denstistry - Indianapolis, IN
- Histology Technician, Certified - Harris Health System - Houston, TX
- Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - Quest Diagnostics - Shelton, CT
- Histotechnologist Supervisor - 1303457 - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Region Director: Janet Maass
Director's 2010 Annual Report
IIn the last year meetings were held in Colorado and Arizona, which I attended. Arizona hosted a very successful region meeting in June. The only other state in the region to have been active is Utah and they did not meet this year. Colorado will host the next Region meeting in 2011, the dates and location have not been announced.
I renewed my membership in the societies of these states. I am still a member of the CSH Executive Board and as an ASH member, I helped to plan the Region meeting in Arizona, working on registration. I am also on the Awards Committee and the Nominations and Elections Committee for ASH.
One of the biggest challenges facing the region is its size and the distance between major cities in several of the states. I have been able to communicate via email and phone with some members in states in the region without state societies to keep them updated on region and NSH activities.