- Histologist - Athens G.I. - Athens, GA
- Histology technologist (Research Analyst I) - Indiana University School of Denstistry - Indianapolis, IN
- Histology Technician, Certified - Harris Health System - Houston, TX
- Histotechnician/Histotechnologist - Quest Diagnostics - Shelton, CT
- Histotechnologist Supervisor - 1303457 - Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Region Director: Carol Barone
Director's 2010 Annual Report
I. 2009-2010 has been an event filled year for our region. Late in 2009 we began working on plans for our Regional
Symposium. June 10, 11, and 12, 2010 was scheduled with the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Atlantic City,
NJ. The New Jersey Histology Society agreed to host this event and was supported by region sister societies in DE,
MD, PA and VA. Michele French was appointed Chair for the Symposium and was assisted by Diana Goodwin, N.J President, and Linda Watson.
• The meeting planning was mostly planned through conference calls, and the very efficient team from NJ.
• Michele French gave me frequent updates and the sister societies completed tasks assigned to create a successful Region II.
• Twenty-six speakers volunteered their time and knowledge to present 30 different workshops and seminars over the three day event. We were fortunate to have Peggy Wenk as Guest Speaker and Frank Avallone spoke at the evening networking event about the closing of AFIP.
• We were pleased to host 104 attendees at the region II Symposium, and 31vendors. The Manager’s Panel was particularly well received and the Symposium had excellent surveys from the attendees on both the speakers, topics and event.
II. Region II continued to assist the State of VA with re-establishing membership. We are hoping to hold a brief meeting for VA attendees at the end of the Region II Meeting in Seattle to help define just what VA members would like from their state Society.
• “Acting” President Sophie Thompson and Roger Rourke, “acting” VP. Roger has been helpful in trying to reach old members throughout the state.
• We hope the meeting in Seattle will bring interested VA members together to plan for the future of the VA Society.
• We are hoping to get candidates for the BOD, for an open election in 2011.
III. I was encouraged to see all the many interesting ways that members of Region II celebrated the inaugural celebration for Laboratory Professionals Day. This event has done much to lift the spirits of Histotechs and to raise awareness of the important technology they provide as part of the Clinical and Research communities throughout this region. We should continue this effort.
IV. I have enjoyed my last two years as Region II Director and would like to thank the
President’s of Region II: Michele Hart- DE, Diana Goodwin- NJ, Janice Alverez – MD/ Terri De Carli (past), Sophie
Thompson – VA , Gloria Limetti – PA …for their wonderful support and cooperation in making Region II a thriving, committed and talented region for Histologists. And, I would like to thank the other Region Directors and the
BOD for a true education in the many important responsibilities of this position. And certainly, not lastly, my sincere thanks to Carrie and the NSH office TEAM, who are quick, smart, responsive and just plain helpful to the “New-bee”. Thank you all.